The Church at 99 Queen St N. in Tottenham has been a continual place of worship in the Anglican Tradition since 1886.
Our community, though, is a new one, formed by people of faith in Tottenham, Beeton, Bond Head, Palgrave, and the surrounding counties who came together in 2007 to create a single parish church that could do more together.
This new community took on a new name, the Church of the Evangelists.
You are most welcome to join us.
We worship together at 10am every Sunday
If you visit us on a Sunday you can expect to find:
- Sunday School- most Sundays except during school vacations (summer and Christmas)
- Communion- according to the Book of Alternative Services
- Music- hymns and some sung prayers led by our volunteer choir
- Refreshments- coffee, tea, and a small bite to eat, following the service
- Accessibility- our washrooms are single-user and non-gendered, one is wheelchair accessible. Our hall and sanctuary are all on one level. At this time, the Family Market in the basement can only be reached by a flight of stairs.
- A free-will offering collection. Visitors and guests are welcome, but certainly not expected or required to make a contribution. Tax receipts are issued at year-end.
On the Fourth Sunday of each month, at 8pm, we offer an evening service, with quiet music, candlelight, special prayers for healing, and optional anointing with blessed oil.
This service follows the order of Compline, and is a quiet and restful opportunity for worship.
Night Prayers are held in the "Children's Chapel", at the front of the sanctuary.
The St. John Chapel on the 6th Line is also a part of our Parish.
We hold at least one concert there each year, taking advantage of its beautiful acoustics.
We worship there on Saturday evenings in the summer - see here for the Schedule
and arrangements can be made for rentals, for weddings, funerals, or other events.
The Chapel is surrounded by an active cemetery, for inquiries about burials contact our cemetery coordinators.